Day dream believer
Today’s Prompt: Describe your dream day – without a Migraine to hold you back.
I have days when I do not experience Migraine attacks. These days can feel really great. They can also be really crummy. So I have ups and downs like anyone else. However, there are things I do and things I avoid every day because I have Migraines some days.
If Migraines did not hold me back, I would be free from…
- setting alarms to remind me when to take my medicine twice a day
- watching the clock to make sure I eat something every few hours
- checking the weather for changes in temperature, barometric pressure, wind speed, and humidity
- stockpiling a supply of abortives and rescue meds to make sure I never run out
- keeping ice packs and heating pads within easy reach at all times
- never being parted from my sunglasses
I would be free to…
- rebuild long-neglected relationships
- honor my commitments and promises to help out, lend a hand, and be there for others
- accept invitations to parties, dinners, and celebrations without fear of a last-minute cancellation
- take a lazy weekend to do nothing because there would still be time and energy left for work later
- enjoy the taste of cheese, bananas, Green Apple Smirnoff, and even the occasional hot dog
- enjoy soups, sauces, dips, and marinades without interrogating anyone to discern the presence of MSG
- stare at those weird “optical illusion” paintings and see what all the fuss is about
- pull back the curtains or turn on every light in the house
- go to a concert…a really loud one
- shop as long as I want to…without my sunglasses
- finally have an outdoor photograph with my eyes open
- stand outside in the middle of a thunderstorm and watch the lightning show
- watch a sunrise or sunset
- sit by a campfire with my family and roast marshmallows
- stay up late
- sleep in past noon
- never miss a deadline
- paint a room
- and finally, when someone asks how I am doing, I can answer, “Great!” and really mean it.
National Migraine Awareness Month
is initiated by the National Headache Foundation.
The Blogger’s Challenge is initiated by www.FightingHeadacheDisorders.com.