Share something you learned from another Health Activist that everyone should know.
I couldn’t keep it to just one. Here are my Top 10 “must knows” for good headache disorder management.
- Find a true headache specialist. Not all neurologists are created equal.
- Remember the “trinity” of good headache care: Preventives, Abortives, Rescue Meds.
- Create a Headache Toolkit and take it with you everywhere.
- The patient is in charge of their own care. Doctors work for us!
- Never, never, never run out of meds.
- Keep a Headache Diary as if your life depended on it.
- The best-laid plans often fail. Have contingency plans.
- Don’t be shy about asking for what you need.
- Know your limits and never apologize for them.
- Never, never, never give up!
Find more Health Activist posts on Facebook
Migraine was ruining my life. It stole countless important moments. Migraine even stole my career. I was desperate for relief and almost gave up. Yet there was this small spark of stubbornness that refused to give up. Determined to find solutions, I took charge of my treatment. Now I control migraine. It does not control me. I even got my career back! Now, I'm dedicated to helping others discover a life of peaceful coexistence with migraine and headache and empowering them to embrace joy and a sense of purpose.