Let’s do the Monster Mash!
Today’s Prompt: Choose a movie monster that reminds you of your Migraines and tell us why.
I don’t do monster movies so this one took me some time. I tried to think of all the qualities that the Migraines I experience might have in common with a monster.Image courtesy of russavia at Wikimedia Commons
- Causes violent pain
- Sometimes I can control it
- Sometimes it gets the better of me
- Takes over my body and mind
- Turns me into a roaring beast with a nasty temper
- Ruins my day
- Feels like my head is being destroyed
- At times it has destroyed parts of my life and the lives of those closest to me
- Others are afraid or shy away from me because they don’t understand
- There is no known cause and no cure
- Scientists are working hard to find a treatment and cure
- Living with the threat of Migraine keeps me isolated from others
- I often have to sleep it off
- Requires powerful injections to quiet the storm
- The aftermath leaves me disoriented, worn out, and sometimes barely clothed
Then it came to me. Most of the time I am mild-mannered Bruce Banner, trying desperately to contain the migraine Hulk within.
National Migraine Awareness Month is initiated by the National Headache Foundation.
The Blogger’s Challenge is initiated by www.FightingHeadacheDisorders.com.