The Fairy & Pixie War
I’ve angered the Migraine Fairies and Cluster Pixies. My end-of-the-month positive Facebook post (50% decline in “headache days”) prompted a 2-day protest. They gate-crashed the party in my head and tried to trash the place.
In earlier days I might have tried to appease the pesky critters and ply them with offerings of remorse. Not any more.
Lucky for me I have great bouncers.
- Excedrin was first to fight, throwing some well-placed punches that knocked several fairies into the next room.
- However, when a swarm of fairies hit me from behind, Zomig had to step in and throw the buggers out.
- Not to be outdone, the pixies fought back with moltov cocktails and strategically placed IEDs.
- It took the combined efforts of Zomig, Oxygen, and Tiger Balm to send them packing.
I won the battle, but I know they will be back. Next time I’ll be waiting. If I hadn’t forgotten to call in Gabatril, Kudzu, and Melatonin those critters might not have even gotten in the door. Guess I won’t be giving them the night off anytime soon.
The place got cleaned up in pretty short order. I was able to host a few parties despite the two thwarted attacks.
- First there was the Buying New Pretty Clothes party. That was the one that got their knickers in a twist in the first place.
- Then there was the Happy Birthday Hubby celebration. That’s when the trouble started. It had to be rescheduled and moved to an alternate location, but the party, although subdued, still went on.
- There were some smaller events, like Long Overdue Sewing Project, Final Lesson Plans for Kiddo, Project Dig Out the Pile to Find the Tabletop, and Stop the Infernal Leak in the Water Cooler. All in all, the weekend was a pretty good success.